This article shows you how to create or edit a kitchen in the Editor.
Kitchen is a combination of cabinets and appliances used for preparing and storing food. The kitchen element is one of the parametric components in the Archilogic Editor.
To add or configure a kitchen in the Editor, you must be in the structural editing mode. Learn how to activate structural editing mode.
To add a kitchen in the Editor, navigate to the 2D canvas view, and open the drawing panel by clicking the pencil icon in the panel bar on the left.
With structural editing unlocked, select the kitchen tool. You can also type the keyboard shortcut KI on Mac or Windows to activate it.
Start drawing a kitchen by clicking the starting point on the canvas and then click the endpoint. Now you have created a kitchen.
To further customize the kitchen, simply select it again by clicking the railing in the 2D or 3D canvas view. you can now configure the below properties of the stair from the Inspector panel:
The X position controls the side-to-side movement across the canvas.
The Z position controls the front-to-back movement across the canvas.
The Base level controls the elevation of where the bottom of the kitchen sits.
The Rotation controls the angle of the kitchen.
The Height controls how high the kitchen is.
The Length controls how long the kitchen is.
The Width controls how wide the kitchen is.
The configurations menu allows you to customize the overall look of the kitchen object.
- Left / right full-height cabinets count lets you set the number of full-height cabinets on the left or right side of the kitchen.
- The Cabinet style dropdown menu lets you choose between 3 different visual styles for the cabinet doors.
- The Counter thickness lets you adjust the thickness of the countertop.
- The Wall cabinet toggle lets you configure whether there are wall-mounted cabinets or not.
- The Bar counter toggle lets you configure whether there is an extended countertop or not. This option is only available if the kitchen has no full-height cabinets.
4. Appliance configurations
The appliance configurations menu allows you to add additional details to your kitchen, such as a fridge, cooktop, sink, etc.
- The Cooktop dropdown menu gives you the option to choose between five different options:
- A 60 cm wide electric cooktop
- A 90 cm wide electric cooktop
- A 60 cm wide gas cooktop
- A 90 cm wide gas cooktop
- No cooktop
- The Extractor dropdown menu allows you to choose between different styles of steam extractors:
- Box-shaped extractor
- Pyramid-shaped extractor
- Integrated extractor
- No extractor
- The Cooktop Position allows you to choose the kitchen segment in which the cooktop should be placed.
- With the Oven dropdown menu, you can choose between a single oven, a double oven (this only works if the position of the oven is placed into a full-height cabinet), or no oven at all.
- The Oven Position allows you to choose the oven's location in the kitchen element. The default position of the oven is below the cooktop.
- The Sink dropdown menu gives you the option between a single sink, a double sink, or no sink at all.
- The Sink Position allows you to choose the location of the sink in the kitchen element.
- Finally, the last two toggles allow you to add an integrated Fridge or a Microwave to full-height cabinets and set its position in the kitchen element.
The Materials menu allows you to assign the material for the kitchen counter and the material for cabinets.